Tuesday, December 7, 2010

First adventure with Cataclysm....

So, here's the thing, I wasn't going to go at midnight and get Cataclysm because I didn't have the car until later (like 11pm) and it was about 2 degrees out side, no joke! And as stated before, there's a scary hill of doom that I have to face. That hill, even in daylight, is scary, but at night it's down right death-defying.....


Well, at about 11:30pm I told my guild I was getting off early and going to sleep, since I would be going first thing to GameStop in the morning. I was all like....

"Okay, love you guys! I'm off to bed YAY Cata! Can't wait to get started tomorrow!"

And they were all like,

"Awwww okay B, we'll get started tomorrow, try to actually sleep and not sit there fidgeting because your so excited!"

And so then there was some laughter and I was literally this close to signing out:


And I hear, 

"Hey B, wait, you should go now, because I need to use the car in the morning!"

And my face did something like this:   -.-

And then I laughed a little at the situation.....

Then I was like, 

"Okay, never mind guys, I'm going to get Cataclysm RIGHT NOW!"

And they just laughed.....I did too, but mostly because I was dieing on the inside, half excited and half terrified of the hill of doom.....

I finally got out the door, bundled up, got down the hill doing 1-2 miles an hour, not so bad at night actually. There were no other cars in my way and I could do my own thing, like die, and no one would notice or have to save me. When I finally looked at the time, it was 10 min to 12am! But it's okay, or so I told myself, because we live in a relatively small town and I could get to the "mall" in 10 min. I also gave myself a few minutes lee-way because they couldn't actually start handing out the game until 12:01, which meant there would be extra time for all the people who were in line.

Yea, no. Not so at all, I got there at 12:04, the parking lot was deserted, and by some dumb luck, I happened to see some people coming out of the door and I, being crazy as I am, did a crazy awesome parking maneuver and called out to them. "HEY! Hold the door for me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee!"

There was a brief moment of O.o <-- Puzzlement, but they complied. I ran, or more like slid across the drive way to the door, thanked them profusely and went inside. 

I know where GamesStop is, so I took a sharp right and noticed that....there was NO line....in fact, it looked like they were closing!

Then it became an action packed suspense movie, and all of a sudden I was running in slow motion towards the door, my hair whipping around me all action-y like. (indulge me a little)


When I got to the door, there were three men/boys, basically getting ready to go, but I was like NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! You must let me have my CATACLYSM o.o!!!!!

And maybe I looked like a crazed lunatic so they were all like:

"Sure, whats your phone number?"

It was all very quick, and in about a minute I had my DELUXE copy in my hand, I was very happy.

But it doesn't end there, because my -.- husband was like, "Can you go pick up some eggs?" -.-

I wanted to say, "NO! Its 12:00am! And it's 2 degrees outside! Are you nuts?!"

But I couldn't, because I just spent $80 on a deluxe copy of Cataclysm, and it just wouldn't seem right. So of course I had to be the ONE weirdo in a grocery store, with the stock boys looking at me all weird.....I got the eggs tho, AND I made it all the way home UP the stupid hill of doom.


YAY!

And then of course, there was the tortured hour of waiting for the server to be up and ready and for it to let me IN so I could start getting guild rep.... There was no way I was going to bed now.....not until maybe 5:30 am.... >.>


Hugs!
B



1 comment:

  1. LOL :) Im glad you got up and down the Hill of Doom safely. Have Fun. I have to work for aprox 1 and 1/2 more hours before I can go play. D:

    Happily I did the Digital preorder thing so no line worries for me.

    ReplyDelete